Posted by Larry Gleeson
By Vernise L. Tantuco
Here are all the films in competition at the 2016 QCinema Film Festival
Aside from the films in competition, there are also special screenings, including its opening film, Park Chan-wook’s The Handmaiden, which was nominated for a Palme d’Or at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival.
In celebration of the 20th death anniversary of the Polish filmmaker Krzysztof Kieślowski, his films Blue (1993), White (1994), and Red (1994) will be screened at the festival.
For the Screen International section will screen films that have been lauded in the international film festival circuit, while RainbowQC will show movies that depict the experiences of the LGBTQ community.
Digitally restored films will be shown for Back Throwback, movies from across the country will be shown for Cinema Rehiyon, and Pinoy Spotlight features Blanka by Kohki Hasei and Area by Louie Ignacio.
See QCinema’s full schedule here.
For the films in competition, an awards night will be held on October 19.
Here’s the full lineup of movies in competition in QCinema 2016.
- Ang Manananggal sa Unit 23B by Prime Cruz
- Baboy Halas by Bagane Fiola
- Best. Partee. Ever. by Howard “HF” Yambao
- Hinulid by Kristian Sendon Cordero
- Patay Na Si Hesus by Victor Kaiba Villanueva
- Purgatoryo by Roderick Cabrido
- Women of the Weeping River by Sheron Dayoc
- Hondo by Aedrian Araojo
- If You Leave by Eduardo “Dodo” Dayao
- Kung Saan May Naiwan by Joshua Joven and Kaj Palanca
- Nang Lumipad ang Batang Agila by Mihk Vergara
- Padating by Gabrielle Tayag
- Papa’s Shadow by Inshallah Montero
- Sayaw sa Butal by Victor Nierva
- Viva viva Escolta by Janus Victoria
Asian Next Wave
- By The Time It Gets Dark by Anocha Suwichakornpong (Thailand)
- Old Stone by Johnny Ma (Chinese-Canadian)
- Singing in Graveyards by Bradley Liew (Filipino-Malaysian)
- Solo, Solitude by Yosep Anggi Noen (Indonesian)
- Apprentice by Boo Junfeng (Singapore)
- Woven Wings of Our Children by Anton Juan (Philippines)