Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will open the 7th annual TCM Classic Film Festival on April 28th with a 40th Anniversary screening of the Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman political thriller All The President’s Men (1976). Investigative journalist Carl Bernstein, Oscar winning director/ screenwriter Tom McCarthy (Spotlight), along with Oscar Winning screenwriter Josh Singer (Spotlight), join the festivities for opening night’s 40th Anniversary screening of All The President’s Men (1976)
The festival, set to take place April 28 – May 1 in Hollywood, will also include tributes to the following screen legends:
Renowned actor Burt Reynolds is set to participate in a sit-down interview about his life and career. In addition to the interview, Reynolds will be on-hand to introduce a screening of The Longest Yard (1974), for which he received a Golden Globe® nomination for Best Actor. The interview will be taped Saturday, April 30 in front of a live audience of festival pass holders at The Ricardo Montalbán Theatre.
Director-writer Carl Reiner featuring a screening of Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid (1982) and an extended conversation
Actor Elliott Gould featuring screenings of his Golden Globe nominated performance in M*A*S*H (1970), The Long Goodbye (1973) and a conversation in Club TCM.
Beloved Oscar® and Golden Globe® winner Angela Lansbury joins the festival with a screening and conversation of The Manchurian Candidate (1962), the combination satire and political thriller.
Oscar winning actress and singer Rita Moreno will introduce a 60th anniversary screening of the cherished musical The King and I (1956).
Emmy nominee Billy Dee Williams will present a screening of Brian’s Song (1971), the true story of friendship between Chicago Bears’ player Gale Sayers (Williams) and Brian Piccolo (James Caan).
This year’s festival will include appearances by:
- Eva Marie Saint – on hand to introduce a screening of the political comedy The Russians Are Coming The Russians Are Coming (1966)
- Director John Singleton – presenting a 25th anniversary screening of his coming-of-age classic Boyz N The Hood (1991)
- Actor Stacy Keach – discussing John Huston’s gritty look at the world of small-time boxing in Fat City (1972)
- French actress Anna Karina – introducing Band of Outsiders (1964), Jean-Luc Godard’s riff on gangster films
The 2016 TCM Film Festival will also feature special live events including:
- North American premiere of Holiday in Spain aka Scent of Mystery (1960) presented in “Smell-O-Vision” in a one-of-a-kind presentation at the Cinerama Dome
- Opening night poolside screening at the Hollywood Roosevelt of master comedian Harold Lloyd’s biggest hit, The Freshman (1925), featuring DJ Thomas Golubić spinning a unique live music mix for the silent film
TCM is also pleased to announce the return of the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures as an official festival partner as well as the co-host of the opening night screening and party. Returning once again as the festival’s exclusive founding partner, Delta Air Lines will serve as the official airline of the TCM Classic Film Festival. Additionally, DIRECTV, The Hollywood Reporter and Bonhams all return as official sponsors of the festival.
Complete bios for each of the artists appearing at the 2016 TCM Classic Film Festival can be found at filmfestival.tcm.com
(Press release courtesy of TCM Pressroom)