Posted by Larry Gleeson
BOYS STATE, I’M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS, AND NEVER RARELY SOMETIMES ALWAYS, RANK 1-2-3 AMONG THE TOP CHOICES
SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA (December 30, 2020) – To highlight the great work of filmmakers during a challenging year for the film industry, film fans, and everyone else, the San Luis Obispo International Film Festival has announced their choices for the Top Ten Films of 2020 to call attention to some of their favorite films released in theaters, drive-ins, and online this year.
Amanda McBaine and Jesse Moss’ BOYS STATE, Charlie Kaufman’s I’M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS, and Eliza Hittman’s NEVER RARELY SOMETIMES ALWAYS, took the top three spots among films released domestically in 2020.
San Luis Obispo International Film Festival’s Top 10 Films of 2020
- BOYS STATE (DIRS: Amanda McBaine, Jesse Moss)
- I’M THINKING OF ENDING THINGS (DIR: Charlie Kaufman)
- NEVER RARELY SOMETIMES ALWAYS (DIR: Eliza Hittman)
- THE PAINTER AND THE THIEF (DIR: Benjamin Ree)
- PORTRAIT OF A LADY ON FIRE (DIR: Céline Sciamma)
- SUMMERLAND (DIR: Jessica Swale)
- SAVE YOURSELVES! (DIRS: Alex Huston Fischer, Eleanor Wilson)
- PALM SPRINGS (DIR: Max Barbakow)
- OUT STEALING HORSES (DIR: Hans Petter Moland)
- PREMATURE (DIR: Rashaad Ernesto Green)
The 2021 San Luis Obispo International Film Festival will take place March 9-14.